Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Fruits of His Labor

This is my husband, the gardener. Sometimes, for fun and when I'm feeling especially affectionate, I call him Farmer Jim.

 This is his vegetable garden in our back yard. He's been keeping a garden for as long as I've known him.





I'm sorry I wasn't thinking about snapping a photo of the huge bushel of tomatoes he and Katie (who is a wannabe farmer herself) picked the other day. Goodness gracious, you should have seen them all! Now they're all in jars as Farmer Jim has been canning them all day. 

At any rate, here are some photos of the fruits of his labor.

Gorgeous!

I'm using these to make a sauce to go with some tortellini.
So exciting!
Such cute little guys, eh?
First, the Dills




And then the Bread & Butter



A few of what we have stored in the pantry.
YUM!

2 comments: