Monday, September 27, 2010

Daybook, the first

FOR TODAY

Outside my window

It is gray and a balmy 78 degrees. Most welcome rain showers fell intermittently all day long. But I'm afraid it's too late for my tired hydrangeas. Poor things, how I've neglected them. 

I am thinking

About my Jim and all the wonderment that's in store for us.

I am thankful for

My precious little Isaac Jogues Samuel.
 
 From the kitchen
 
Yesterday I made Chicken Paprika from the Joy of Cooking cookbook with spaetzle (from a box). I was deliberately heavy handed with the paprika. It was delicious! My Grandma Collins used to make it and then my mom made it for my dad and her kids. As a child it was one of my favorite dinners and still is. Shame on me for using boxed spaetzle! Mom always made them from scratch.
 
I am wearing
 
A very old pair of sweatpants, an equally aged t-shirt from Luray Caverns and my beat-up, well worn out (but really not quite so old) Eddie Bauer slippers.

I am creating
 
A little bit of not very good poetry ... again.

On my iPod

My iPod needs to be charged, but I listen to Pandora regularly. Right now, I'm listening to Deeper Well by The Wailin Jennys. Sure, the vocals are great, but the fiddling is Awesome!!

I am going

Nowhere tonight. Jim is working late again, but I do enjoy the quiet, alone time.

I am reading
 
I just started Elizabeth Ann Seton - Selected Writings edited by Ellin Kelly and Annabelle Melville. The depth of EAS's maternal love strikes such a chord with me. Passages in this book bring me to tears. I love, love Mother Seton.
 
I am hoping
 
My dear Katie is feeling better very soon!

I am hearing
 
My house phone ringing. It's a toll free number according to Caller ID. I don't answer those calls. In fact, if I don't recognize the phone number or name, I usually don't answer the phone. I'm just kind of shy that way.

Around the house
 
I've placed some fall decorations around the fireplace and mantel. Makes me excited for a blustery, autumn chill and a stroll through the crisp, fallen leaves.

I am praying for

A very special favor from the dear Little Flower whose feast day is Friday!

One of my favorite things
 
Isaac's glorious smile. It is impossible to be sad about anything when he's around.

A few plans for the rest of the week

Besides the usual routine, um, well, I almost hate to say it ... I may start a new exercise routine. (Sadly, I cannot get excited about exercising, but I've noticed that the older I get the harder it is to hide the "pudge." Sigh. I've got to do something.)

A picture thought

Auntie Erin and Isaac Jogues ♥


 



(c) 2010 Darby Fitzpatrick

1 comment:

  1. Do you do this daybook everyday? Elizabeth Foss does this, too. Really neat.

    ReplyDelete