Monday, October 4, 2010

Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window

Cold rain. Fall has arrived and my hydrangeas look satiated, yet bear the marks of a long drought. Alas, soon they will succumb to the frost.

I am thinking

About what I have to accomplish this week ... taking Kate to the doctor, dog to the vet, general housekeeping ...

I am thankful for

Katie
 
 From the kitchen
Finding new and tasty gluten free recipes for Erin (and maybe Katie). Last night I made a scrumptious bacon  spinach risotto that Erin discovered online. Served it with a green salad and a pinot noir.
 
I am wearing
Black warm-up pants, my new Belmont Abbey sweatshirt and my beat up, old Eddie Bauer slippers.

I am creating
A blog piece about suffering and mothering. About LOVE. Mostly it's in my head/heart with a few thoughts scribbled down on a yellow note pad. 

On Pandora 
Listening to the Contemporary Christian station. Blessed be Your Name

I am going

To work at noon. By the way, I am so grateful for my kindhearted, caring co-workers. It is a joy to work with them!

I am reading
Still reading  Elizabeth Ann Seton - Selected Writings edited by Ellin Kelly and Annabelle Melville. And also, "With God's Help" a tiny, little devotional book compiled by the Daughters of Charity. It includes a collection of quotations from the correspondence and journals of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton. I'll be using it, initially, for a new prayer/discussion group I'm starting.
I am hoping
That grace upon grace comes from the events that have recently transpired.

I am hearing
Jesus in my heart singing a very sweet melody.

Around the house
I've fallen behind on my housework, but managed to scour the first floor bathroom this morning! Yay!

I am praying for

ALL the friends, family, and those known only to God, who have offered their prayers, sacrifices, words of encouragement and acts of kindness on behalf of Katie over the past week and continue to do so.

One of my favorite things
Isaac's glorious smile. It is impossible to be sad about anything when he's around. Always.

A few plans for the rest of the week

Helping Katie get to her doctors appointments and I will be launching the new prayer group tomorrow night. Holly needs to go to the vet for a shot and a nail clipping. A baby shower on Friday night for a wonderful young lady! And packing to leave town on Saturday - going to see my baby, Megan!! (And my mom and sisters & brothers, too!)

I am pondering

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." (2 Cor 12:9)

A picture thought


 
 
 
 
 
(c) 2010 Darby Fitzpatrick

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love this means of catching up with you and what you're thinking and doing. Thanks so much for sharing!

    Continuing to pray for all of you!!!

    Blessings,

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading your thoughts and Katie's and Isaac's picture. So thankful things are looking up and I am so anxiously awaiting your's and Holly's visit next Saturday. What do you want for dinner? Love and Prayers, Mom

    ReplyDelete