Thursday, February 7, 2013

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real

Hello, Thursday ::  


~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~


{Pretty} 

 My husband and I love snow, but other than a few fast moving clippers we have not had much at all this winter. Rain is predicted to begin late tonight while areas just to our north and west will be getting snow.  The past few winters, we seem to be either too far north or south or too far east or west for any decent accumulations.



{Happy}

A favorite moment from last summer. 
Two year old, Isaac and Margaret at 4 months.  
My happy grands.



{Funny}























The day after my niece's wedding in North Carolina my brother and his wife hosted our annual 4th of July family gathering at his beautiful home on Lake Norman. This is a photo of my brothers and sisters, in-laws, me and my husband and my Mom. For some reason the dog from next door (my sister-in-law's brother's pooch) decided he needed to be a part of each and every family photo. He wins the prize for the most cooperative and most photogenic. By the way, that's me in the blue and white shirt standing directly behind my mom who is seated and holding my little, pampered pooch Holly. 



{Real}

I am [very slowly, like a snail] working on cleaning out the storage room in our basement.


There is only about 30 years of crap junk piled up in that room. My husband recently built wonderful, massive wooden shelves on wheels to help in the organization effort and to add a new place to house my Christmas items that have previously been stored in the loft above our garage. The excessive heat last summer melted some of the Styrofoam packaging.
 





These are just some of the books I've set aside to give away. I've barely made a dent.

But who is in a hurry? 




{P, H, F, R} 

Join in every Thursday, at Like Mother, Like Daughter



round button chicken

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking up! Your grandchildren are adorable, and the picture of the leaves is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete