Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Letters to Isaac

My dearest, little Isaac,

You entered our world one week ago today, a little more than four weeks before the day you were due. I'm still recovering from the shock of hearing your Mommy tell me over the phone that it was time for her to go to the hospital. I prayed that your Daddy would make it back to Virginia in time to greet you and he did - with lots of time to spare! Your Auntie Megan and I were quite relieved to see your Daddy race to your Mommy's bedside that blessed afternoon. And your Mommy was, too!

Well, my tiny grandson, I am thrilled that you are here! You are so entirely loved by many. When you are with your Nana D, all I want to do is hold you and  look at you forever. Your beauty breaks my heart - I am so in love with you! Part of me wants to shout from the mountaintops, "Look at this gorgeous masterpiece our God has created! He is magnificent! Our world is now a better place!" It is true and God is so good.

And you, my little Isaac, are first and foremost a child of our great God. He loves you more than you can ever know. He has blessed you with loving and faithful parents. They will teach you His ways and you will grow to know Him, to love Him and to serve Him. 

As you continue to grow in love and grace, I promise to be there for you, to share your new discoveries and, perhaps, impart my grandmotherly wisdom every now and again. It will be so much fun, won't it little man? Oh, and the books! Just wait until you are introduced to the most delightful stories! I've been saving some for you.

No matter what anyone tells you, life is good, Isaac. It really, truly is - welcome to it!

With all my love always,
♥ Nana D


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful . . . i have to find a tissue, now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me so proud to be Nana D's Mom and little Isaac's great grandma. He will be loved and truly blessed to have such wonderful and caring parents and grandparents, God Bless him.

    ReplyDelete