Saturday, October 16, 2010

Daybook October 16

FOR TODAY


Outside my window
It is beautiful. Crisp, cool, breezy - an array of green turning toward gold against a sapphire backdrop.  All bathed in glorious sunshine.


I am thinking
That sometimes it's ok to say, "This really sucks."

I am thankful for
          The outpouring of love and prayers from friends and family on behalf of my Katie. And for the    countless unknown souls who are also praying - those members of prayer chains from many denominations, friends of friends and aquaintances, my brother's Masses, and the prayers of the dear, dear nuns at several convents.

From the kitchen
           Nothing new here. Only good, bold coffee.


I am wearing

My p.j.s and a zip-up hoodie.


I am creating
A sweet and beautiful story that, for now, resides in the depths of my soul where it lies hidden and protected. When I have more strength, I'll share it.


On Pandora
Piano Radio - currently, 'Longing' by Jon Dahlander


I am going
To visit my girl in the hospital today.


I am reading

          The Secret Diary of Elisabeth Leseur. An AMAZING story of a devout Catholic woman whose undying love, compassion, prayers and sacrifices and words from her journals led her atheist husband to full conversion and eventually the priesthood after her untimely death from cancer.

I am hoping
         That Katie will regain her strength and walk again. That she will soon be back in the kitchen whipping up some delicious gourmet treat for her husband. That she will soon be able to cuddle her son and dance with him in the light of the moon.

I am hearing

          My husband eating breakfast in the kitchen. He is my rock.


Around the house

          Thinking about converting the living room into a bedroom ... hopefully, we won't have to.


I am praying for
A miracle.


One of my favorite things
           The autmn wind scooping up the fallen leaves sending them swirling through the air in small cyclones of color.

A few plans for the rest of the week

I'm really not sure what the upcoming week has in store. I will continue doing ... just doing.


I am pondering
Having those believers in the causes of sainthood to pray through the intercession of Servant of God, Elisabeth Leseur for complete healing for my daughter. Katie has given me her approval.


A picture thought



Katie's "Boys"


From the simple woman's daybook


(c) 2010 Darby Fitzpatrick

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful thoughts and I am so proud of your outward strength, but I know your heart is aching. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely -- as per usual, Darby!

    Blessings,

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for Katie, Darby...If I can offer any encouragement or help let me know. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am asking St. Andre on his canonization day to intercede for Katie and your family. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I found you thru my dear college friend, Elizabeth Foss. How is your daughter? My little girl was struck with transverse myelitis in April 2010 when she was only 8 yrs old. She was paralyzed from her shoulders down in an hour. Since then she has recovered walking -- still waiting for arms and hands. Let's pray for each other and our daughters. Thank you. Lisa H.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will definitely pray for your daughter and for you, Lisa. Thank you for your prayers! We've been walking a tough road - as you, too, must know well, but Katie is showing marked improvement. We continue to hope and pray.

    ReplyDelete