Thursday, November 11, 2010

Mid-November Daybook

For Today

Outside my window
Another gorgeous November morning. Crisp and clear - not a cloud in the sky. Fallen leaves blanket the lawn, but there are still quite a few clinging to their branches. Their hue is richer now and electrifying against the deep blue sky.
I am thinking
About veterans - with a grateful heart. Especially my Dad who fought in WWII against the Japanese. That war changed him; it changed all of us - it changed the world. Offering special prayers today for all service men and women; past and present and the ones to come. Praying, too, for peace. The peace that only God can give and is possible if only we opened our hearts to Him.
From the kitchen
Yummy, yummy recipes for Thanksgiving dinner. Considering these sides:  Sweet Potato Pudding with Pecan and Gingersnap Topping; Corn Bread, Bacon, Leek & Pecan Stuffing; Green Beans w/Toasted Walnuts & Dried-Cherry Vinaigrette ... still looking at more recipes.
 I am wearing
My black yoga pants and my gray Ocean City sweatshirt
I am creating
Nothing really ...
On Pandora
Norah Jones radio - right now, 'Love' by Matt White
I am reading
bon appetit magazine - Thanksgiving special, food network magazine - the Thanksgiving issue, Martha Stewart Living - November issue and a variety of blog recipes - e.g., Annie's Eats and The Pioneer Woman.
I am hoping
That after Katie finishes her "tapering down" steroids that she will have no other ancillary health issues. I hope her body will bounce back after two successive bouts of steroid withdrawal.
I am hearing
Katie playing with Isaac - singing and laughing. Isaac giggles and raspberry blowing! MUSIC to my hears!
Around the house
Just trying to keep things orderly ...
I am praying
for my step-sister who was recently diagnosed with stage four breast cancer and someone I used to know who is battling another kind of rare cancer. She has asked for prayers through the intercession of Venerable Solanus Casey, who happens to be one of my all time favs. Please join me in prayers for this beautiful woman - a homeschooling mother of 8 whose littlest one is just over two years old. Her name is Deb, and for my step-sister, Brenda, too.
One of my favorite things this week
Watching Isaac eat bananas for the very first time. He LOVED them!
A few plans for the weekend
I need to find a dressy camisole or maybe a shimmery tank to wear under a dress I bought to wear to the Divine Mercy Care Gala on Saturday night. The dress is pretty, but waaaaaaaay too revealing otherwise.
 I am pondering
His unfathomable ocean of Love and I can't stop pondering it.
A picture thought

Erin, who turned 23 this week, with her big sister Katie circa 1989


(c) 2010 Darby Fitzpatrick

1 comment: