Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Each and Every Rain
























Outside My Window ...

It's another gray, wet Autumn morning. A light rain adds a shimmery darkness to branches already blown bare and steals the crunch away from the deep carpet of gold atop our driveway. The air is pungent with the sweet and sour aroma of decay. A few roses cling tight and the little blue flowers (whose name I've forgotten) still bloom around her. Hope is confident and eternal. It pushes through the muck; it holds fast through each and every rain.























 I am Wearing ...

An old, ragged and worn out mask. I struggle sometimes to remember that I am clothed in Christ and through unmitigated love and mercy, He makes all things new. I need to shed the old mask and cast it into the Fire.

 On Pandora ...

 All I Want is You by Tristan Prettyman

Around the House ...

 I am redecorating the family room. More to come later ...

 I am Hearing ...

Holly whining for a piece of my blueberry muffin.


I am Reading ...

One of the many books - The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society - on my Kindle.

I am Hoping and Praying ...

For good things for so many friends and family members and one very special intention.

I am Pondering ...

"You want your good intentions recognized, even the failed ones. You want it known by the ones nearest you that your good intentions are a real part of your life, and your love for them."  
- Mat Feltner to his daughter-in-law, Hannah in A Place on Earth, by Wendell Berry.

Do children recognize our good intentions, even the failed ones? Are our good intentions good enough?



I am Grateful ...

Beyond measure for His Mercy.




1 comment:

  1. stunning and beautiful. I am praying too, friend. And, on a much lighter note, I want your camera!! But then I'd have to ask for your good eye as well :0}

    Love you,
    Patty

    ReplyDelete