Friday, March 5, 2010

Celebrating Kate

I'm celebrating life today; this gift so precious. More specifically, I'm remembering the birth of my Kate and celebrating her! I'm thanking God, as I do so often, for the privilege of parenting this child, who is no longer a child. She is a young woman, a devoted wife and already a loving mother to her unborn son. 

All my children are strong willed, stubborn and somewhat reserved (in varying degrees, of course). Katie is no exception, but there's a tenderness woven through the tenacity. When she loves you - you know it. Her reticence disappears and she showers you with affection - perhaps not always physical - but she never forgets to tell you she loves you. She is compassionate, caring, and generous. She is a woman of God, allowing Him to shape her and define who she is. She trusts Him unabashedly. 

And I am forever grateful.

Happy Birthday, my daughter, my love! You are such a blessing to me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment