Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Morning in Old Reston

It took me 7 minutes to get from my house to Katie's apartment this morning. I was stopped by only one traffic light. How blessed we are to live so close by as it affords us the opportunity to visit often and Jim and I are absolutely delighted to be regular fixtures in Isaac's life. 

Here are some photos of my morning with Isaac and Katie in 'old' Reston. It's been a long time since I moseyed around Lake Anne Plaza. I used to take the kids over there to play when they were little. On certain mornings during the summer we would venture over there with friends to listen to the family entertainment - usually a clown, musicians or their favorite, a comedic magician whose name has escaped me. The buildings looked really dated then, and they appear even more so today. So much concrete ... geez, Robert Simon, what were you thinking?? Just not my taste in architecture, I suppose. Still there is enough beauty around, and the pond, er lake, is kind of peaceful. At any rate, we had a splendid morning and Katie cooked a very scrumptious brunch after we returned to her apartment.

Good morning, Isaac Jogues!


Beautiful Peppers for Sale!

And Flowers, too!

Lake Anne Plaza. The white umbrellas and blue table cloths in the background mark the restaurant where Kevin works, Kalypso's.



Another view.




A sign to let you know there's an Art Studio here - otherwise, you would have no idea. 


Isaac enjoying his late morning stroll and nap.


Katie and I like the house on the right. The flowers on the deck were beautiful, although you can't really tell from this photo.

A view of one of the canals along the path. Swans used to populate the lake, but we didn't see any today.


Back at the apartment, Isaac is mesmerized by a hanging ball while his mommy prepares brunch.


Brunch is served! So yummy!


Isaac and Nana had a wonderful day!

(c) 2010 Darby C. Fitzpatrick

2 comments:

  1. Darby,

    I can't believe how much he's changed! He's such a little man!!!

    Blessings,

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I say....I am so jealous! You both are so blessed to play with that beautiful baby. He is growing so fast and looks so bright eyed. That brunch looked inviting. What did you eat? Loved looking at the pictures of Olde Reston! Love y'all....Mom

    ReplyDelete