Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Love Song

I love that my husband's birthday and the Solemnity of Saint Joseph coincide. Each year to honor both men I link to this post from March 2010. May the good Saint Joseph bring each of you closer to Our Lord this day and always.

 And so, in deepest gratitude for today, for now, 
for Jim, a love song ...


My dearest love,
the keeper of my heart;
the protector of all that we have shared, 
one with the other. 
 
You complete me,
give me strength when I am weak,
pick me up when I fall.

You find me
when I have lost my way and
set me straight by your embrace.

Your touch sends me.

Two dissolving simply into one,
swept away to that hallowed place,
lifted up and sanctified.
 
You search me
and see us hidden there,
and it's then I rejoice, all over again,
 knowing I will never be alone.



 




No comments:

Post a Comment