Thursday, March 31, 2011

March Daybook, Going out like a Lion

Outside My Window
A cold gray rain falls quenching an earth just beginning to come alive. Color, with its promise, returns bit by bit despite the pelting of ice and the swirling of gentle snow befriending the rain. Pansies, cherry blossoms, forsythia, and daffodils dot an otherwise naked, bleak landscape. And buds - on maples, oaks, hydrangea, lilacs - ready to burst - signally the eventual and welcome departure of a stubborn winter reluctant to let go.
On Pandora
"Ten Mile Stilts" - the Wailin' Jennys
Around the House
Spring cleaning continues ... at a snail's pace.
From the Kitchen
Jim still cooks for an army. Leftovers bore me after awhile, but ...
I am Hearing
Holly barking at someone, something ...
I am Reading
Will mention only one of the four I have going right now: Jesus of Nazareth, Holy Week: From the Entrance into Jerusalem to the Resurrection. Everyone should read this book.
I am Pondering
"The true Christian is not the kind of hero who owes his heroism to circumstances; he is not the accidental hero of a passing hour but a hero throughout a lifetime. His glory is that he overcomes the obstacles in his path; his goal is to possess God and find rest in Him. Can there be a greater honor than to serve God and belong to Him?" (The Imitation of Mary, De Rouville)
I am Praying
For the lost souls ... the sheep who have wandered away.
I am Hoping
For His peace to reside in restless hearts.
I am Grateful
For the gift of Faith.
One of My Favorite Things
Brewing a cup of tea and wrapping myself up in the comfort of home after a long afternoon of working away.
A Picture Thought
The male attachment to the remote control begins early and it has nothing to do with watching TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment