Thursday, January 6, 2011

Three Kings Daybook

And behold, the star that they had seen at its rising preceded them, until it came and stopped over the place where the child was. They were overjoyed at seeing the star, and on entering the house they saw the child with Mary his mother. They prostrated themselves and did him homage. Then they opened their treasures and offered him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh. (Matthew 2:9-11)
Outside my window
I see winter in all her glory. The pines and cedars stand prominent now sharing the promise of evergreen. A telltale sign of Hope to those who have eyes to see, of a life to come - a life everlasting. The Burford hollies along the side of the house are heavy with a profusion of bright red berries, providing a ready reminder of the abundance of Joy to be found even in winter.
I am wearing
Still in my p.j.'s and slippers
On Pandora
Christmas music. Because, no matter what anyone tells you, it is still Christmas!
Around the house
Christmas is everywhere ... in every room. The three Kings have arrived! I am considering keeping my creche up until the Feast of the Purification on February 2.
From the kitchen
The dishwasher is kaput. Washed it's last load last night. My husband wants to take me shopping for a new one tonight. I just want the new one to leave my glasses and dishes sparkling and I'd like the machine to be very quiet. I've been studying many dishwasher reviews and find that there are really too many good choices. It is too overwhelming.
I am hearing
Eight month old Isaac squealing and cooing as he rolls around the floor and practices getting up on all fours. He hasn't quite figured out how to move forward, but can scoot along backwards just fine. He is growing so fast.
I am reading
Long live Christmas  - because it is still Christmas! In the past I have been saddened by how quickly the world stops celebrating Christ's nativity. "It only just began!" I would wail. But this year is different. "Go ahead, put away your tinsel and throw your trees to the curb! I know a secret and I share it with my friends and I share it with my God and all the saints and angels, too! The celebration continues and we are keeping it in our hearts and in our homes even though you claim it is over and you beg us to douse our twinkling lights and throw away our wreaths." And I am glad. Glad to be in on this secret and happy to continue the feast!
I am creating
I want to sit with my husband, an engineer, and design a house. A future house perhaps, or maybe one that will simply exist in our dreams. I know what I want in a house and I think between the two of us we could actually design it.
I am hoping and praying
That someone very close to me finds his way back. That's all I will say for now.
I am pondering
The mention of women in the genealogy of Jesus from Matthew's Gospel. Specifically, Pope Benedict's exegesis on the text from a book I received from my godson, The Blessings of Christmas. Perhaps later I'll find more time to expound - it is fascinating!
 I am thankful
For everything.
A picture thought

1 comment:

  1. I am crying because I cannot hug you as we are miles apart.

    ReplyDelete